Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Number 2

The outrage! The humiliation! We're only the second most expensive city in the world! Beat out by Moscow!

At least we still top Tokyo.

When my first visitors were here, we were walking around one evening and happened to pass a real estate agency. Glancing through the advertised prices, Barbara said, "Oh, that's not so bad... You'd pay more in New York." I was dubious, so I looked closer: "Barbara, those prices are per week."

I've moved into my new flat, just down the block from my old place. I'm slowly settling in. There's still much to be done, but work comes first. My third visitors (friends Amy & Tom) arrive tonight. They're only here briefly, on their way to Spain. I'm happy to be able to offer them a place to stay, now that I have more than a dorm room.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where are the pictures of your new flat?????

Unknown said...

Nice pics of the trip Becs. But like Kate, would like to see the new flat.