Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Banff

Yesterday morning, the Banff International Research Station (BIRS) station manager welcomed us to the Banff Research Center with a short introductory talk. She told us to watch out for bears and ticks and to drink a lot of water. I think some of the mathematicians were a bit intimidated.

Before breakfast this morning, my friend Jen and I hiked up Tunnel Mountain, which is the Inspiration Point of Banff. It was easy, but beautiful and a great way to start the day.

Tomorrow we have a free afternoon, but the forecast is for lots of rain. Of course, the forecast has been for rain all day every day, and we haven't seen too much yet. I walked by Bow River a bit after dinner last night and as I was heading back, dark ominous clouds were piling up. I didn't actually get caught out in it, which was good, because the one or two drops I felt were the size of golf balls.

No comments: