Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Slides!

Today we finally got to go down the slides at the Tate Modern. I've been wanting to do this since I came to London and they're only up for another week. It was awesome. There's talk of a return trip tomorrow. Barbara was the first from our group to go down the 5th floor slide (the highest one). She screamed (in a happy, enjoying herself way) the whole way down. The slides are bumpy which gives a staccato effect to your screams. I tried to scream the whole way down too, but it kept making me laugh.

The slides were quite fast. When we started down the 3rd floor slide (which we did before the 5th floor slide), you push yourself off but then you really take off at the first turn and it's absolutely delightful.

The crew is off to the Cabinet War Rooms this afternoon, which I think is one of the coolest things to see in London. Hopefully they'll agree. Tonight, Blue Man Group is a possibility, or perhaps Indian food in Brick Lane.

Yesterday, after a late start, they visited Westminster Abbey and then we had fish & chips for dinner (except Bri, who doesn't eat fish).



No comments: