In my meanderings about London, I've been happy to see that Go-related materials are available for sale. I found a games shop ("Playin' Games") around the corner from my office that has both equipment and books. There's the Chinese book store in Chinatown that also had equipment and a few books. Up on Euston Road, I passed a Chess & Bridge store. I saw chess boards in the window and immediately went over to investigate. I saw the name of the store was Chess & Bridge and was prepared to be disappointed, but then saw what I was looking for: a Go board (with "Go" written in Go stones on it) in the window! The store was closed when I was there, so I'll have to check it out some other time.
I've also recently found a few more potential local players. There's a mathematician here at King's on sabbatical from Spain who emailed me to say that he plays and is looking for clubs. So hopefully I'll get to play with him soon. I also found out last night that a couple of guys in one of the other postgrad offices here have recently started playing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment