I think (fingers crossed) that I've finally got my code working properly for higher weights. Theoretically it should work for any prime (at least odd primes) and any level, but it gets slow when the levels start getting bigger (I haven't tested for many primes yet). Right now, it only works for Q(i), though it's just a matter of putting the time in to at least get it to work for the same five imaginary quadratic fields for which Cremona originally did computations.



This (assuming I don't have other problems lurking) is
huge. It's a massive weight off my shoulders. It gives me confidence about finishing my PhD in the near future (or at all, for that matter) and it gives me a much more solid basis for applying for jobs (which I need to do this fall, i.e. now).
Now I just ("just") need to compute some Galois representations and match 'em up.
4 comments:
Wow, I so much have no idea. I think you lost me around "odd primes." I'll ask wikipedia later.
!= 2
Oh.
Well, congratulations on your data =]
Thanks. :)
Post a Comment