Monday, May 12, 2008

Miserable excuse for a game record

Since Tanaka-san emailed me personally, I decided to go back and visit the Nippon Club's Saturday Go meeting. Apparently they've combined with the Central London Club, which used to meet on Saturdays up on Great Portland Street. The Nippon Club is in a better location for me.

I played Francis Roads, 3d, taking two stones. Below is my miserable attempt at reproducing the game. I'm rusty.


















I'm confident that, with a bit of brushing up, I could easily play him even. Except that I'm so slow. I thought I was playing quickly, finishing the whole game in less than two hours, maybe even closer to an hour and a half (I'm not exactly sure what time we started playing). Still, he spent the game complaining about and mocking my pace. I think he (along with most of the others there) measures his average game in minutes.

2 comments:

Rob Chiniquy said...

Interesting game. You really made him run in the beginning, I enjoyed that. Now I want to look at 3-5 point josekis.

becci said...

Oh, how I want to be a Go player again! But this is why I don't have time to play -- each game is 30 hours of work. I haven't read out or looked up how to kill that corner yet.