I usually operate on the assumption that opera is out of my budget, so that I won't go and check to see what's playing only to be depressed by the astronomical prices. Séverine told me the other day that the Royal Opera House has student discounts, so I decided to peruse their website.
To my great delight, I discovered that they've just started a series of free lunchtime concerts every Monday. As the Royal Opera House is just around the corner from my office, I plan to attend regularly. It appears that the tickets for the first one (this coming Monday) are all booked, but I've already reserved a spot for the following week.
At Brandeis, the Lydian String Quartet used to give free lunchtime concerts a few times each semester and I would go whenever I could. It's such a lovely and refreshing break in the day to take an hour and listen to live chamber music.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment