Friday, May 04, 2007

Banff!

I got waitlisted for a while, but in the end I managed to finagle myself an invitation to this modular forms workshop at the Banff International Research Station in Calgary.

Nice, huh? I can't wait. It's in early June (just before I move to my new flat). It's right on target for me (research wise). They haven't sent out any sort of schedule yet and I heard they're not doing a conventional conference (tea and cookies sandwiched by research talks), so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. But I know at least that there are some people attending who know a lot about the stuff I'm working on, so it should be helpful. Plus, those mountains! I could use some fresh air.

I have so much work to do in preparation though. There's a lot that I want to know and have done before I go talk to these guys.

No comments: